Monday, January 7, 2008

My dh is coming home today

David has been "in the woods" since Saturday morning and should be home tonight. Unfortunately, he isn't bring home a deer. He did find me some nice old stoneware and his Granny's old cast iron skillet while staying at her house. She has been gone for years now and the house just sits except when he uses it to stay in for hunting. I would so love that property. The house was built by his grandfather over 60 years ago and is on 280 acres. His family is money hungry though and is selling it to the highest bidder which won't be us.

I am still trying to recoup from the holidays and need to take the tree down today. I also need to start preparing the garden for spring. I am off of work today, have a staff meeting tomorrow, work 12 hours Wednesday, am off Thursday for Hannah's birthday, and work 12 hours Friday. I think I am the one in charge of cat adoptions at PetsMart on Saturday. What a week!!!

I am currently hosting a funbox swap over at MaryJane's farm site and need to start making my items for it. I am also in a whimsy jar swap and have it almost completed. I just love swapping. When that box comes in the mail it feels like Christmas morning all over again!!

Well, I am sitting here surrounded by laundry to put away so let me get busy. I have to go hang 2 loads of sheets on the line and put my quilts in the wash. It is supposed to be around 70 here in Atlanta today so I am trying to get it all done.